I was watching this vblog from Thomas Power (founder of ecademy.com) who put out this interesting question.
So, lets review some of the key points
- Facebook will pass Google in terms of traffic over shortly. Some reports that this has already occured Facebook will apporach billion users by the end of 2012.#
- Facebook hold most detail personal perferences (eg interests, hobbies, likes, dislikes) of its users (essentilly, I self made CRM system) that
- Facebook can mine and help its users get deals such as Groupon.
- Providers like www.prosper.com and www.zopa.com already already provide borrowing exchange services between real people – sidesteping the banks to get a better deal. While www.mint.com and www.smartypig.com offer its members the opportunity to for people to save for specific financial goals like a wedding, a vacation or a flat-screen TV etc
- It won’t take much for Facebook social-led financial services that combine things like www.zopa.com with mint with Groupon